Monday 20 August 2012

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis



Bought before I had heard them play a note. Kitty, Daisy & Lewis were enthusiastically recommended to me while at a festival they were playing recently. So I bought this at the on-site record tent in anticipation they might sell out if they were as good as I was expecting. I wasn't disappointed. Their rockabilly-infused blues is perfect festival watching and listening, seamlessly mixing covers with originals. This is a 7" off their first album, a cover of Going Up the Country backed with Say You'll Be Mine.
 
Devotees to all things analogue, they have built a home studio dominated by antique recording equipment. There records are part of the whole package too, with 50s styling and thick, heavy-weight vinyl thrown in. Apparently, the vinyl was also cut by Lewis using his own equipment at The Exchange Mastering Studios.


No comments:

Post a Comment